Itinery for December
d.erker
2004-12-02 02:57:45 UTC
Here is my medical chores for this month:

Today I saw my Cardiologist. Clean bill of health. Go back in April.
Tomorrow I see my Neurologist to find out why I'm numb in the toes and
fingers. Expect it might be a bone chip pressing on a nerve. Probably have
some pictures taken. May lead to more neck surgery if that is the case.
The 14th I see another Doctor to have my meds regulated for another problem
I've got.
The 29th, Dentist for tooth cleaning.
Sometime this month see Podiatrist for severe fungus infection of toes on
left foot. Nails are falling off. (I hope no one is eating now while reading
this.)
Friday morning take my vehicle in and see why the darn rear outside windows
aren't following directions. Suspect a defective chip in cars computer.

That's all for now folks.

Don
Val Adams
2004-12-02 04:00:27 UTC
Post by d.erker
Today I saw my Cardiologist. Clean bill of health. Go back in April.
Tomorrow I see my Neurologist to find out why I'm numb in the toes and
fingers. Expect it might be a bone chip pressing on a nerve. Probably have
some pictures taken. May lead to more neck surgery if that is the case.
The 14th I see another Doctor to have my meds regulated for another problem
I've got.
The 29th, Dentist for tooth cleaning.
Sometime this month see Podiatrist for severe fungus infection of toes on
left foot. Nails are falling off. (I hope no one is eating now while reading
this.)
Friday morning take my vehicle in and see why the darn rear outside windows
aren't following directions. Suspect a defective chip in cars computer.
That's all for now folks.
Don
I should think it was bl**dy well enough, have you considered taking time off
for a holiday?

Sheepees on de vay, ewe needink a hug, big thyme!

EVal & Ewe Gknow Hoo
faith
2004-12-02 05:04:45 UTC
:
[...]
Let me know what doc says about the numbing of toes and fingers.....I have
been bothered with that of late also.
faith
d.erker
2004-12-03 03:29:01 UTC
faith,

I had an examination by the Neurologist this afternoon and find that there
are other areas of my body that aren't responding to his instruments. He
did a scan and found some irregularities in different nerves in my neck and
body. Now I'm going to have an EMG and some imaging done of my nerves by
MRI. He doesn't think that now is the time to guess at what is going on,
although he did say that with the baseline established when I had my stroke
he may be able to isolate the problem(s). Not looking forward to any of it
though. December appears to be shot for me now.

Don
faith
faith
2004-12-03 05:21:19 UTC
Thank you Don....I apologize for having you go into all this to answer my
question...quite rude of me.
I do hope that your doctors find everything they need to fix you good as new
so next Christmas you will be the places you long to be.
faith
"d.erker" <***@comcast.net> wrote in message news:7P2dnV1Vbf_rQDLcRVn-***@comcast.com...
: faith,
:
: I had an examination by the Neurologist this afternoon and find that there
: are other areas of my body that aren't responding to his instruments. He
: did a scan and found some irregularities in different nerves in my neck
and
: body. Now I'm going to have an EMG and some imaging done of my nerves by
: MRI. He doesn't think that now is the time to guess at what is going on,
: although he did say that with the baseline established when I had my
stroke
: he may be able to isolate the problem(s). Not looking forward to any of
it
: though. December appears to be shot for me now.
:
: Don
:
:
: "faith" <***@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: news:t9SdnR01KtL3PzPcRVn-***@comcast.com...
: >
: > "d.erker" <***@comcast.net> wrote in message
: > news:xq-dnYRwftw_GTPcRVn-***@comcast.com...
: > : Here is my medical chores for this month:
: > :
:
Yoj
2004-12-03 08:12:14 UTC
Don,

It certainly doesn't sound like much fun. It might be worth it, though,
if the doctor can find a way to help you.

Joy
faith
**Dalin**
2004-12-03 12:50:38 UTC
I'm sorry Don, nothing is worse than spending almost all your time in
a doctor's office or waiting to take tests. But wouldn't it be great
if the problems could be isolated and then the possibility of getting
them all fixed? :-)

Dalin
faith
Sue
2004-12-03 17:47:14 UTC
Post by d.erker
faith,
I had an examination by the Neurologist this afternoon and find that there
are other areas of my body that aren't responding to his instruments. He
did a scan and found some irregularities in different nerves in my neck
and body. Now I'm going to have an EMG and some imaging done of my nerves
by MRI. He doesn't think that now is the time to guess at what is going
on, although he did say that with the baseline established when I had my
stroke he may be able to isolate the problem(s). Not looking forward to
any of it though. December appears to be shot for me now.
Don
Don, I am so sorry to hear this. Hope 2005 is better for you.
sue
Jean B.
2004-12-05 03:02:17 UTC
Post by d.erker
faith,
I had an examination by the Neurologist this afternoon and find that there
are other areas of my body that aren't responding to his instruments. He
did a scan and found some irregularities in different nerves in my neck and
body. Now I'm going to have an EMG and some imaging done of my nerves by
MRI. He doesn't think that now is the time to guess at what is going on,
although he did say that with the baseline established when I had my stroke
he may be able to isolate the problem(s). Not looking forward to any of it
though. December appears to be shot for me now.
Don
Crummy timing, Don. I hope it's nothing too calamitous.
Jean B.
Bette
2004-12-02 05:08:47 UTC
Subject: Itinery for December
From: "d.erker"
Phew ! full plate. Bette
Yoj
2004-12-02 06:58:10 UTC
Post by d.erker
some pictures taken. May lead to more neck surgery if that is the case.
The 14th I see another Doctor to have my meds regulated for another problem
I've got.
The 29th, Dentist for tooth cleaning.
Sometime this month see Podiatrist for severe fungus infection of toes on
left foot. Nails are falling off. (I hope no one is eating now while reading
this.)
Friday morning take my vehicle in and see why the darn rear outside windows
aren't following directions. Suspect a defective chip in cars
computer.
Post by d.erker
That's all for now folks.
Don
Sounds a bit depressing. I hope all the other visits go as well as
today's did.

Joy
Sue
2004-12-02 12:21:13 UTC
Post by d.erker
[...]
Ain't life grand? /these are supposed to be our golden years. Ha!
Do you suppose your numbing of fingers and toes could be from one of you
meds?
I have one medication....Lipitor....that when I take it, seems to do that.
sue
Bob Shirk
2004-12-02 17:21:12 UTC
Post by Sue
Post by d.erker
[...]
Could also be symptom of of Congestive Heart Failure. Aren't we
encouraging this morning? Bob.
Jean B.
2004-12-02 15:23:01 UTC
Post by d.erker
Today I saw my Cardiologist. Clean bill of health. Go back in April.
Tomorrow I see my Neurologist to find out why I'm numb in the toes and
fingers. Expect it might be a bone chip pressing on a nerve. Probably have
some pictures taken. May lead to more neck surgery if that is the case.
The 14th I see another Doctor to have my meds regulated for another problem
I've got.
The 29th, Dentist for tooth cleaning.
Sometime this month see Podiatrist for severe fungus infection of toes on
left foot. Nails are falling off. (I hope no one is eating now while reading
this.)
Friday morning take my vehicle in and see why the darn rear outside windows
aren't following directions. Suspect a defective chip in cars computer.
That's all for now folks.
Don
That sounds thrilling! Here I thought you were gonna be talking
about something boring--like a trip to Europe or your Christmas
plans.
Jean B.
mj
2004-12-02 21:33:40 UTC
Post by d.erker
Today I saw my Cardiologist. Clean bill of health. Go back in April.
Tomorrow I see my Neurologist to find out why I'm numb in the toes and
fingers. Expect it might be a bone chip pressing on a nerve. Probably have
some pictures taken. May lead to more neck surgery if that is the case.
The 14th I see another Doctor to have my meds regulated for another problem
I've got.
The 29th, Dentist for tooth cleaning.
Sometime this month see Podiatrist for severe fungus infection of toes on
left foot. Nails are falling off. (I hope no one is eating now while reading
this.)
Friday morning take my vehicle in and see why the darn rear outside windows
aren't following directions. Suspect a defective chip in cars computer.
That's all for now folks.
Don
Gosh, Don, an exciting trip itinerary for December would be more fun.
Seriously, I hope things go along smoothly and things are better than they
might sound. ((((((Don))))))

mj
NHunkele
2004-12-03 18:42:34 UTC
I sure hope it turns out to be something simple, like a reaction to one of your
meds. Lisinopril made my hands and feet tingle. I'm no longer taking it and
feel 100% better.

(((((((Don)))))))
Norma
Sue
2004-12-04 02:47:27 UTC
Post by NHunkele
I sure hope it turns out to be something simple, like a reaction to one of your
meds. Lisinopril made my hands and feet tingle. I'm no longer taking it and
feel 100% better.
what is Lisinopil?
sue
Post by NHunkele
(((((((Don)))))))
Norma
Leighann
2004-12-04 04:28:55 UTC
Post by Sue
what is Lisinopil?
sue
Lisinopril is a BP medicine.

Leighann
NHunkele
2004-12-04 04:57:43 UTC
Post by Sue
Post by NHunkele
I sure hope it turns out to be something simple, like a reaction to one of your
meds. Lisinopril made my hands and feet tingle. I'm no longer taking it and
feel 100% better.
what is Lisinopil?
sue
http://www.drugs.com/MTM/lisinopril.html

My primary care doctor put me on it (combined with HCTZ) along with Atenolol,
Plavix and 81mg of aspirin. I had some of the "other less serious" reactions.
I was dizzy, lacked ambition, complained about my heartbeat. I wore a monitor
for 24 hours and was assured the "premature beat" was not dangerous. The
cardiologist ran a blood test (which apparently had mistakes in it) and I was
taken off the Lisinopril right away until another blood test was done. Within
48 hours I felt so much better! I haven't gone back on it. My pressure stays
below 134 over somewhere in the 70s and the annoying heart beat has stopped.
Norma
Beth
2004-12-04 15:43:41 UTC
Don, I hope you have some good books to read while you're waiting for all
those doctors to check you out.....Take care....wishing you the best of
diagnosis for the holidays.
Beth